- Contact person: Miroslav Jindra, Department of English and American Studies, Faculty of Arts (see 6 below)
- History: A Canadian Studies Centre was established in 1990. Courses on Canadian topics (mainly on Canadian Literature in English) have been offered regulalry each year.
- Current teaching: Courses at the Department of English and American Studies (Faculty of Arts) and at the Department of European Studies (Faculty of Social Sciences).
- Library: About 1200 volumes. A general Canadian Studies library (mostly in English), focussed on literature (prose, poetry, drama), literary criticism and literary history, history, Canadian political history and institutions, geography, etc. Anthologies. Canadian dictionaries. Regular lending service (once a week - Wednesday 2-3 p.m.).
Journals: Canadian Literature, Journal of Canadian Studies, Zeitschrift für Kanada-Studien
Records: Approx. 50 LP titles (serious, folk and popular music)
- Survey of courses currently offered
Introduction to Canadian Studies - Miroslav Jindra
Fine Arts, Music, Theatre and Film in Canada - PhDr Miroslav Jindra
A Historical Survey of Canadian Literature - Klára Kolinská
History of Canada (in Czech) - Lenka Rovná
Political Systems of the USA and Canada (in Czech) - Lenka Rovná
Political and historical development of Great Britain and Canada - Lenka Rovná
For more information on the teachers and courses, click on the following:
Click here for general information about the University at the Charles University Home Page