Central European Steering Committee for Canadian Studies
Financial report for the fiscal year 2000/2001
1 April 2000 – 31 March 2001
1. DFAIT grant for Steering Committee activities 11,650.00
2. Special advance for the CE Canadianists‘
Conference in Bucharest 6,000.00
3. CE Secretariat (12 months: April 2000-March 2001) 2,421.17
- office supplies 402.67
- homepage maintenance, part-time staff 2,018.50
4. Steering Committee meetings 4,636.50
- Brno, Oct. 2000 (incl. travel) 1,298.66
- Grainau, Feb. 2001 - travel 2,510.70
Grainau, Feb. 2001 - extra day 827.14
5. GKS conference - 10 places 2,502.42
6. Transfer of special grant for Bucharest conference 6,000.00
7. Bank charges 140.81
Total 15,700.90 17,650.00
The budget request for 2000/2001 included an additional item - funding for a new Central European Journal of Canadian Studies. For a number of reasons, we were unable to publish the journal in the 2000/2001 fiscal year; instead, it will be published late this summer or in early fall, so there is no item covering this expenditure in this year’s financial report. The publication costs will be paid for out of the balance (1,949.10). This is less than the amount originally requested for this item (2,300.00; in terms of the funding actually granted, this was reduced to approximately 2,150.00). We are seeking ways to publish the journal within the 2000/2001 budget balance; if this is not possible, we will have to try and reduce some expenditure in the main 2001/2002 budget.
Item 4. The October 2000 meeting of the Steering Committee was held in conjunction with the 9th European Graduate Seminar in Canadian Studies. The February 2001 meeting was organized in conjunction with the GKS conference in Grainau.
Item 5. The ten places at the Grainau conference covered the cost of participation of the seven members of the Steering Committee plus three additional Central European Canadianists; the remaining ten Central European Canadianists at Grainau were paid for by the GKS.