Institute of Sociology
ul. Grodzka 52
phone/fax: (++48) 12 4222129
Main interest in Canadian Studies:
history of emigration to Canada
ethnic studies, multiculturalism, Polish ethnic groups
demographic trends in Canada
Courses currently taught:
Sociology of Migration (in Polish)
- History of migration movements to the main immigration countries.
- Poland as a emigration country
- Sociological theories of migration movements.
- Theories and conception of assimilation, integration, acculturation
- Canadian and USA immigration polices : muticulturalism ; cultural
- Refugees questions. The role of immigration countries in admitting refugees
- Prespectives of migration movements from theCentral and East European countries
Canadian Studies Publications:
with partial Canadian content:
Between pressure and choice: Emigration from the Central-Eastern Europe,
1939-1989. Krakow, 1995.
'Immigrants from Eastern Europe in the USA and Canada', Demographic
Other Canadian Studies Activities:
Currently doing research on people leaving for Canada (starting from 1995)
Back to the Central European Canadian
Studies Home Page.