Department of English and American Studies
Faculty of Education
University of Maribor
Koroska cesta 160
phone/fax: (++386) 62 100233
Main interest in Canadian Studies:
- Canadian Short Story, University of Toronto
- Canadian Fiction, University of Toronto
- Canadian Literature, University of Toronto
- Senior Seminar: Malcoml Lowry and Hugh Hood, University
- Senior Seminar: Alice Munro, University of Toronto
- Senior Seminar: Mavis Gallant , University of Toronto
- Senior Seminar: Nineteenth-Century Canadian Women's
Writing , University of Toronto
Canadian Studies Publications:
- The Canadian Short Story. Oxford University Press, 1988.
- Entries in Reference World
- Novels in English 1960-1982: Other Talents, Other
Works," The Oxford Companion to Canadian Literature
, ed. William Toye (Toronto: Oxford University Press,
1983) : 587-594.
- Contributions to Canadian Selections: Books and
Periodicals for Libraries, eds. Mavis Cariou, Sandra Cox
and Alvan Bregman (Toronto: University of Toronto Press,
- "Canadian Short Fiction." Critical survey of
Short Fiction. 2nd revised ed. Pasadena, CA: Salem Press,
- " A Note on Bear ," Canadian Literature , 92
- "Odalisques in Margaret Atwood's Cat's Eye."
Metaphor and Symbolic Activity. 8.3 (Fall 1993): 221-26.
- "If the Dress Fits: Female Stereotyping in Rosanna
Leprohon's 'Alice Sydenham's First Ball'." Canadian
Literature. 146(1995): 68-83.
- "Visual Metatrope in Margaret Atwood's Alias Grace
and E. Annie Proulx's The Shipping News." Crossing
Borders. English Studies--Recent Developments in Research
and Teaching. Ed. Bernhard Kettemann, Dunja Jutronic.
Tübingen: Narr, 1998.
- "Metaphorical Levels in Margaret Atwood's Alias
Grace."Canada and the Millennium, Proceedings of the
2nd Canadian Studies
- Conference in Central Europe, ed. Anna Jakabfi (Budapest,
Loránd Eötvös University, 1999.
- "The Swimmer"s Moment: Canada at Fin-de Siecle
and Millennium." Canada 2000: Identity and
Transformation. Frankfurt: Peter Lang, 2000: 63-70.
Other Canadian Studies Activities:
Back to the Central
European Canadian Studies Home Page.