European Doctorate in Teacher Education
Accepting Early Stage Researcher Applicants at the Department of Educational Sciences, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
EDITE – European Doctorate in Teacher Education, Horizon 2020, MSC
The Masaryk University is offering three positions for Early Stage Researchers within the EDiTE project. Applicants interested in applying for Early Stage Researcher positions at MU will need to fulfill requirements and submit application documents specified on the EDiTE project website www.edite.eu. In addition to the three ESR, we are planning to admit additional applicants into the program who will not be employed by MU under ESR contracts, but who will be able to participate in the MU EDiTE doctoral studies.
At MU, ESRs will work and study at the Department of Educational Sciences, a dynamic international center for educational research and practice at the Faculty of Arts. Our primary agenda will be to pursue comparative, ethnographic, and action research-based inquires and research projects in which we will focus on changing school cultures, transformative teaching and learning and new teacher professionalisms and identities in a comparative European perspective. You will work and conduct research under the guidance of supervising and co-supervising faculty – leading specialists in the field of educational research, professors from the Masaryk University, University of Innsbruck, Austria, University of Lisbon, Portugal, University of Lower Silesia, Wrocław, Poland and Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary. Together with them and partner institutions you will be engaged in the creation of the EDiTE research community, which will include other doctoral students, practitioners from the partner institutions as well as ESRs and faculty at other EDiTE participating universities. In order to address the European dimension of our project, you will be required to include comparative perspectives in your research. You will also be required to spend on semester conducting research in another European country in collaboration with one of the EDiTE partner universities.
Milan Pol, Professor of Education who is also the Dean of Faculty of Arts is directing the EDiTE project at the Masaryk University. ESRs will be encouraged to take part in MU’s international research and project activities that include conferences, summer programs, research and public outreach activities.
Early Stage Researcher position
The beginning of the employment is scheduled for March 1st 2016. Employment is temporary with a duration of 36 months.
The job positions are two-fold: Before you apply, you must make sure that you hold the prerequisite basic entry qualifications / requirements as required by EDITE Project or by the university in which they wish to enroll. The following eligibility criteria and admission requirements apply:
The job positions are two-fold:
Before you apply, you must make sure that you hold the prerequisite basic entry qualifications / requirements as required by EDITE Project or by the university in which they wish to enroll. The following eligibility criteria and admission requirements apply:
1) Early Stage Researcher: S/he shall, at the time of recruitment by the host university, be in her/his first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- What does that mean? After you have obtained your Master’s degree (or equivalent) which entitles you to embark on a doctorate, your research experience (full-time/part-time) must not sum up to more than four years.
2) Mobility Rule: At the time of recruitment by the host university, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host university for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior March 1st 2016. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- What does that mean? Unless you have carried out your main activities for less than 12 month in the country of the host university, you must be willing to move to the country of the host university to take up the researcher position. A monthly allowance (€600) will be paid in addition to the salary to support your mobility, and an additional monthly allowance (€500) will be paid, if you have a family.
Each university has to submit for the applicants that are going to be employed a signed declaration to the EU that the applicants are eligible. Therefore, the EDiTE-EJD project will offer the positions only to those applicants that are eligible beyond doubt. Please, make sure to provide during the application process the relevant documents that prove your eligibility.
You do not fulfill the eligibility requirements? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
3) Required Education Level – Master Degree or equivalent
The possession of a 120 ECTS Master’s degree (or, for relevant countries, its equivalent under previous Diploma/ degree regulations), institutional requirements apply
4) Knowledge of the English Language
Very Good – B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (2011)
Individual Research Projects
Below you can find the primary topics of MU-based EDiTE research activities as they were proposed in the project application. These provide general themes and will most likely be modified in the course of the research progress.
- Comparative Education
- Action Research
- Dialogic Teaching
- Intergenerational Learning
If you have any queries regarding this payment please do not hesitate to contact Roman Svaricek (email@example.com).
About the research programme