THE CZECH HISTORICAL AVANT-GARDE IN THE EUROPEAN CONTEXT (BRNO THEATRALIA CONFERENCE 2021)
1 – 3 June 2021
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Only limited attention has been paid to the position and specificities of the Czech avant-garde in the European context. Hence, this is the main question the conference shall seek to answer.
We propose the following topics:
- new results of research concerning the European avant-gardes
- reception of the European avant-garde in the Czech milieu
- contacts among the members of the Czech theatre avant-garde with the European avant-gardes; cooperation projects
- reception of the Czech theatre avant-garde in Europe
- new results of research concerning the Czech avant-garde
- the legacy of the Czech avant-garde theatre theory
- translation (from or into Czech)
Selected contributions from the conference will be published in a special issue of THEATRALIA (vol. 2022/1).
Paper proposals should include:
- the title of the paper
- an abstract of 250-300 words
- the name(s) of the author(s)
- contact address
- telephone number
- e-mail address
- institutional affiliation
- short biographical note (maximum 300 words)
Due to the epidemiological situation, the conference will be organised as an on-line gathering. Since the on-line format is more suitable for shorter presentations, the participants are kindly asked to send their final papers before the conference start (see below: “Important dates“). The papers will be available to the registered participants at least three weeks before the start of the conference, so that they can get familiar with them. The requested length of the papers is 12500 – 16500 characters including spaces. The conference contributions shall consist of a ten-minute resume of the paper and – of an extended debate.
- Please send the proposed title of the paper, abstract, biographical note, and other relevant information to the conference e-mail contact (below) no later than on 28 February 2021.
- Notification of abstract acceptance: March 15 2021.
- Final paper submission deadline: April 30 2021.
- Publication of the conference papers, accessible to registered participants and audience only, at the website of the conference: May 10 2021.
Conference e-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Jochmanová (Academy of Performing Arts, Masaryk University): email@example.com
- Mariana Orawczak Kunešová (University of Ostrava): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kateřina Šalounová (Masaryk University): email@example.com
Conference fee for speakers: 800 CZK / 30 EUR