Culture Studies of China
This Bachelor’s study programme aims at providing students with a complex knowledge of the Chinese culture and language. The programme puts equal emphasis on the traditional and contemporary aspects and helps students comprehend various connections and discontinuities between the traditional and contemporary societies. The curriculum includes a three-year course of Chinese and a series of specialized classes in history, philosophy, literature, linguistics, anthropology, and art history as well as a basic introduction to the neighbouring cultures (Japan, Tibet, Mongolia, etc.).
A successful graduate is able to
- gain an orientation in the main fields of Chinese culture and understand their mutual correlation
- speak and read Chinese at the HSK 5 level
- discuss diverse topics in Chinese history, literature, philosophy, religion, art, politics, and language
- recognize Chinese socio-cultural characteristics and use them practically
- use methodological skills in research applied to the chosen field of Chinese studies
Graduates may work in a variety of professional fields, from translating and interpreting to consulting, business, tourism, teaching, and alternative medicine. Specialized fields usually require further training.
|Faculty||Faculty of Arts|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Unfortunately no information about admission requirements is available.