The goal of the doctoral degree study programme is to prepare graduates for research in andragogy. Graduates of the doctoral degree study programme in andragogy will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed for independent and creative research in the discipline. They will be able to plan, manage, implement, and evaluate research in andragogy, with an emphasis on research and evaluation, educational management and educational policies, and adult education planning and implementation. The foundation of the study is in working with andragogic concepts related to processes of adult learning, education, and development.
A successful graduate is able to
- demonstrate deeper knowledge in fundamental and specialized subdisciplines of andragogy
- demonstrate deeper knowledge and skills in andragogic research methodology
- design and implement research in andragogy and evaluate its outcomes
- communicate the outcomes of their research to the expert community
- cooperate with experts working in other research institutions on a national and international scale
Graduates can find jobs in academia, in adult education research, and in management positions in organizations and institutions focusing on adult education and development, both in the state-run and public sector and in the private sector.
Study field data
|Faculty||Faculty of Arts|
|Type of study|
|Standard length of studies||4 years|
|Language of instruction||
Study is paid