The study programme Economics offers a way for its students to obtain in-depth knowledge in the area of economic theory in terms of its alternative forms, and the substance of its argumentation. The aim is to prepare professionals able to solve theoretical and applied economic problems and to think analytically based on mastering the techniques of theoretical economics and understanding the relevance and limits of their use.
Practical training is not an obligatory part of the study plan. Students may attend a voluntary course of practical training.
Graduates have the prerequisites to apply for positions in the areas of theory and research in the field of economics and related disciplines. They should be eligible for positions in economic journalism and economic analysis for the needs of the public and private sectors. They may also apply for doctoral studies in economics at one of the universities in the Czech Republic or abroad.
Graduates have found jobs in the following workplaces:
- Masaryk University (lecturer and researcher);
- The Office for the Protection of Competition (public procurement, mergers or defining the relevant market and abuse of dominant position);
- KPMG (audit);
- Automotive Lighting (statistical evaluations and analysis of the reliability of production processes);
- Česká spořitelna (corporate banking).
Graduates of the Economic and Applied Mathematics double-subject study programme have found jobs in the following workplaces:
- The Czech National Bank (supervision of financial markets and the banking sector);
- National Bank of Slovakia (economic analyst);
- Home Credit and Home Credit International (risk management and statistical analysis);
- KPMG (auditing, business analyst);
- OG Research (macroeconomic analysis, modelling, and prediction of emerging economies);
- Air Bank (analyst, data processing, risk management, and programming);
- UniCredit Bank (investment analyst, risk management, product management, and private banking);
- Health Insurance Company of the Ministry of Interior (analyst, analysis and data processing, projections);
- Research Centre for Toxic Compounds in the Environment, Masaryk University (CFO);
- APS Holding SE (senior analyst, investment funds analyst, evaluation and prediction of the risk and performance of investment portfolios);
- Czech Insurance Company (insurance market analyst, internal auditor);
- Acrea (exclusive distributor of IBM SPSS software, lecturing and training in the application of statistical methods);
- AXA (senior system analyst).
You can find detailed information about the admission procedure at ECON.MUNI. Contact information: - questions concerning the electronic application form issues: firstname.lastname@example.org - questions concerning the payment for the electronically submitted application form: email@example.com - questions concerning of various fields of study, study purport and organization: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for evaluation
Please see ECON.MUNI.
Please see https://www.econ.muni.cz/pro-uchazece/navazujici-magisterske-studium/materialy-pro-uchazece ">ECON.MUNI .
Students have a pre-defined list of required courses, which are supplemented with selective and elective courses. The student pays full attention to the single field of study chosen.
Combinations with programmes from Faculty of Arts
After completing the Master’s degree study programme, it is possible to continue further studies in any doctoral degree study programme (after satisfying the admission requirements).
|Provided by||Faculty of Economics and Administration|
|Type of studies|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||Czech|
Do you have any questions?
Send us an e-mail
Ing. Jan Jonáš, Ph.D.