Q. In Search of musicalia from the Baroque Library of the Augustinian Eremites in Brno

Autoři

STUDENIČOVÁ Hana

Rok publikování 2018
Druh Článek v odborném periodiku
Časopis / Zdroj Musicologica Brunensia
Fakulta / Pracoviště MU

Filozofická fakulta

Citace
Klíčová slova Augustinian monastery at Staré Brno; library; church of St. Thomas; church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary; Moravian Museum – Department of the History of Music
Popis In the Brno Augustinian Eremites monastery, founded in the 1450s by Margrave Jan Jindřich of Luxembourg, was around 1750 the Baroque reconstruction of the monastery completed, including a fabulous library. A collection of medieval notated manuscripts, music prints from the 16th and 17th centuries, treatises and several manuscript codices from the 17th century was most probably placed together in one section under the signature Q. The volumes preserved today are easily identifiable by their uniformly arranged spines of coarse brown-black paper (in some cases, the sheets are covered with this paper) and a lighter paper label with a title written in red ink. Part of this label symbolises the collection by means of the letters Q ST, whereby Q served as a sign of the shelf and ST as a sign of the convent (Sancti Thomae). They are currently stored in four institutions: the Moravian Museum, the Moravian Library, the Moravian Archives, and the Library of the Augustinian monastery at Staré Brno.
Související projekty:

Používáte starou verzi internetového prohlížeče. Doporučujeme aktualizovat Váš prohlížeč na nejnovější verzi.