Doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D., is the head of the Department of Classical Studies at the Faculty of Arts, where she teaches mainly ancient Greek and Roman literature. However, many know her from her established faculty-wide lectures on ancient mythology, which she also deals with scientifically. She has had positions at several foreign universities and since 2004 has been the head of the Department of Classical Studies at the MU Faculty of Arts. For two terms, she was Vice-Dean for Admissions and Development of Study Programmes at the Faculty.
She won the post of Dean of the Faculty of Arts MU with the Modern Faculty Open to Dialogue program and with a vice-dean team consisting of:
- doc. PhDr. Petr Dytrt, Ph.D. (internationalization and digitization; student clubs)
- Ing. Mgr. Zdeňka Jastrzembská, Ph.D. (admissions and public relations)
- prof. PhDr. Mgr. Tomáš Knoz, Ph.D. (academic affairs and doctoral studies)
- prof. PhDr. Lubomír Spurný, Ph.D. (project and editorial activities)
- Mgr. et Mgr. Bc. Zuzana Šalamounová, Ph.D. (studies in teaching programs and studies in lifelong learning)
- Mgr. Josef Šaur, Ph.D. (study affairs in the Bachelor and Master cycle)
Officially, doc. Radová has not yet been elected Dean, but only a candidate whose appointment must be approved by the Rector of Masaryk University. However, at the election assembly in December, he let it be known that in the case of neither candidate he had no reason not to comply with the Senate's proposal and would approve the election.