Study Programs in English
Application filing period (Fall 2022, Spring 2022)
Fall Semester: January 1 – April 30
* Except for Culture, Media and Performative Arts
(March 15 – April 30)
MA and Ph.D.* programs:
Fall Semester: January 1 – April 30
Spring Semester: July 1 – October 31
* Except for Digital Culture and Creative Industries (admission open only for the Fall term)
Oral Exams for MA in English Language and Literature
Wednesday, November 3, 9 - 10 am CET
Oral Exams for PhD in Literatures in English
Thursday, November 4, 1.30 - 2.30 pm
January 1 – April 30 // July 1 – October 31
Programs starting in September (Fall semester): January 1 - April 30
Programs starting in February (Spring semester): July 1 - October 31
You do not have to come to Brno to take the entrance exam. All documents will be submitted to your online application and the oral entrance exam will be also online.
Create a new application
April 30 // October 31
Pay the application fee
Pay the application fee (800 CZK = approx. 32 EUR) by April 30 (for enrollment in the Fall semester) or by October 31 (for enrollment in the Spring semester). Find out the deadline for payments and other FAQs about the application here.
Find out more
Beginning of May // November
Assessment of your application
The responsible department will assess the documents you submitted within your online application. You will be invited to the online oral entrance exam.
By May 15th // By November 15th
Online Oral Exams
Oral exams will take place within the first two weeks in May (for the Fall semester) or in November (for the Spring semester).
Mid-May // Mid-November
We will notify you about the result of the admission process via e-mail in Mid-May (for the Fall semester) or Mid-November (for the Spring semester). If you completed your application earlier you might be notified earlier as well.
After you’ve been accepted
What to do now?
- You will receive a Letter of acceptance (via e-mail).
- You will pay the tuition fee (via an online link).
- You will submit documents for verification or nostrification.
- We will send you your visa documents in a hard copy.
- You will apply for a visa (contact the Czech embassy in your country).
Recognition of Foreign Education
Recognition of Foreign Education at the Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University (programs taught in English)
For successful enrolment in the studies, you will need recognition of foreign education. Recognition can be done in two ways: 1. by so-called nostrification or 2. verification. Verification is done at the Faculty of Arts.
- This verification is valid only for the specific program you were admitted to within the specific admission term at the Faculty of Arts.
- This verification applies only to degree programs taught in English. Students who were admitted to degree programs taught in Czech shall address their questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What documents do I need?
Before arrival to Brno
- You will get your login and password to our accommodation system in order to apply for student dorms.
- Register for Orientation Week.
- Sign a contract with the faculty (contract proposal will be sent via e-mail).
- Arrive in Brno (see how to get to Brno).
- Move into your student dorms (see here).
- Order your ISIC (you will get a link via e-mail).
September // February
On the day of your enrollment
Please be sure to bring the following items with you:
- Your passport.
- If you did not choose verification at the Faculty of Arts, then you will also need a notary certified copy of your diploma and a notary certified copy of your nostrification.