Středověká keramika ze zaniklého východního křídla na druhém nádvoří Strakonického hradu

Title in English Medieval pottery from the defunct eastern wing in the second courtyard of Strakonice Castle
Authors

ČAPEK Ladislav SLAVÍČEK Karel PETŘÍK Jan VALKONY Jiří

Year of publication 2019
Type Article in Periodical
Magazine / Source Archeologické výzkumy v jižních Čechách
MU Faculty or unit

Faculty of Arts

Citation
Web https://is.muni.cz/auth/publication/1609217/Stredoveka_keramika_ze_zanikleho_vychodn.pdf
Keywords castle; Strakonice; South Bohemia; building history; medieval pottery; seriation; correspondence analysis; micropetrography
Attached files
Description The aim of this study is to analyse a collection of medieval pottery from the area of the defunct eastern wing which was identified during archaeological excavations in the second courtyard of Strakonice Castle in 2006. The transverse wing originally separated the part of the castle belonging to the Bavor family from the commandery of the Knights Hospitaller. The results of analysis of the medieval pottery originating from layers into which the masonry part of the wing was sunken, reveal that the wing dates from the very beginning of construction of Strakonice Castle, from before the mid-13 th century. Analysis of the rich assemblage from the destruction layers confirmed the assumption that the wing was knocked down in around 1402, when the Knights Hospitaller took possession of the whole castle complex.
Related projects: